Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 27, Friday May 25, 2012


We started off the day a little easier that the previous few. We were pretty much museum-ed out, so in the morning we walked up to the central market. The was the nicest market we'd seen on the entire trip. Lots of stuff, clean and an interesting assortment of vendors.

We then hit some open-air vendors and other stores. Finally, we just walked the streets and took in more of the Firenze atmosphere.


 We grabbed a quick lunch back at Gusto Leo and I had some Tuscan bean soup with bread. I was really liking the simple Tuscan recipes I'd been tasting at the restaurants here.


Mmmm, more Italian wine.


In the afternoon, we walked around the Arno river again, and we got some very creamy ice cream.


In the evening I went out for a haircut. Language barrier fail. Kimberley and I were trying to describe how much hair I wanted taken off (showing a small space between index finger and thumb). The woman took this as the final length of the cut. Hair carnage ensued.


End result was in evidence at dinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment