Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 3, Tuesday May 1, 2012


It was a holiday today in France. Many places were closed...but the police were handing out lily-of-the-valley bouquets. First place we went was Notre Dame. The lines were too long to get in, so we just walked around it.


After Notre Dame, we found a beautiful flower market nearby. 


We walked around for a while and got hungry. We stopped in at Cafe Angelina, where I had the best thing ever...French Hot Chocolate. This is the tastiest drink I have ever had.


Next we walked the Champs Elysees up to the Arch de Triomphe.


Tourists have to negotiate many lanes of unregulated traffic to make it under the arch. We made it there and back. Go Frogger!


I figure we walked at least 14 km on this day. Here is a big bubble thrown up by a street performer.


We had dinner at a cafe down at the end of our street. Good wine, and I had my first taste of French Camembert. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment